Thursday, 12 March 2009

Leaving Japan

I have less than a week before I leave Japan and its kind of bittersweet in a way, but deep down, I can feel it, I can't wait to hit the road.

I think this feeling of bittersweet is almost necessary after leaving a town where you've lived for a year. But I ask myself, would I rather be here, or somewhere else, and without hesitation I say, somewhere else.


Looking back the past year has been the hardest in my life. Not because its a new place or because its a culture shock, but because I think it challenged my character, there was a period where I questioned who I was identity wise, I felt a pressure to adopt to a culture, way of life, thinking that I wasn't used to and I definitly felt the affects.

In less than a week I'll be on the road, heading to Bangkok and I can't wait. I'm not nervous, I feel almost calm, settled and relaxed. I say bring it on.

No comments: